??? (Genesis) - Let's hope the box had a name ... It's confirmed as Rockman Megaworld. Sent in by Jesse Brown.
Rockman (Genesis) - Yes, just "Rockman". A pirated copy of Rockman Mega World with Rockman Zero art. Were we supposed to think he was Protoman or something? From Jesse Brown Jr. turns out it's a region-free version of Rockman Megaworld. Which should come as no surprise since that's the only Genesis Rockman game that has ever been made. Although it's neat that it's region-free.
Megaman 7 (SNES) - Something tells me this is less than legit.
Rockman 2005 Collection (PC) - Another PC game, this time using artwork fromt he old Dreamwave comics. Brahman supplies info. This is a huge compilation of various Rockman games on one disc for the PC (basically the disc contains a menu with some music and, once you select a game, it boots up an appropriate emulator to run the game with). Games include "Rockman" through "Rockman 7" on the Famicom (7 is pirated), "Rocman X" (pirated), various "Rockman Zero" and EXE games, "Rockman & Forte," "Rockman X6," the 2 arcade games, a DASH game for the PC, and a couple of X games on the PC. Interestingly, it lists Command Mission, but it is not on the disc. So, basically this runs roms and PC games; anything you can download from the net.
Megaman Collection X4 - X4 - 8 (PSX) -I guess someone though bundling all the Playstation games was a good idea. But why bother to mix Megaman games in with Rockman?
Rockman VS Castlevania (PC) - Captain N fans, eat your eart out! Brahman supplies info and a translation:
Mega Man: CAPCOM Alone action game "Mega Man" is actually not just a classic action game, but also other areas in the RPG break a piece of heaven. The player controls the team that everyone has a different battle rhythms, the use of weapons and even features are different, how the characteristics of different characters and even "rhythm," issued a directive would be a great fun game.
Castlevania From: in 1986 the first Castlevania series of games has been well received since the release of players loved Castlevania series of games in almost every game works on both hosts, and a step by step to improve its combat systems. Around the main character in the game is extremely proxy vampire vampire castle in the battle commenced.
Castlevania - Aria of the Big Dipper Dance
Castlevania - Aria of Qu
It basically looks like some sort of compillation disc as well, though I'm not entirely sure of what Rockman games are on it, but it looks like a DASH game or maybe both, and maybe an X game or two.
Rockman Megaworld (Genesis) - The scan of the real RM: MW cart is pretty crappy, but you can see that the cart art is totally different. Frankly the cart is more like Europe's Wily Wars which I have also included purely for fun. The art's a little squished, but there you have it. I dunno where or why but the Megaworld box art is becoming more and more prevalent in the pirate games I see.
The back of the box, oddly enough, has art from the Ruby Spears MM TV show (as seen on VHS tapes and CD covers).
Megaman Soccer (PC) - Megaman ... Soccer? Of all the SNES Megaman games they could have stolen, they went with ... Megaman Soccer? And with that box art!?
Megaman X (SNES) - It's rare to find a SNES pirate ..... and with such bland cartridge art too.... Made by US Gold. They also made the Game Gear Megaman, so this actually COULD be real, but it doesn't have the seal of quality or copyright or anything else so....
Rockman X3 (Genesis) - I saved this one fer last. It is by far, the best RM pirate game to date! The pirates ported RMX3 to the Sega with lotsa changes! You start with full armor from ... MMX1. And you're sprite somehow defies gravity and hovers. You have infinite continues, but only 1 life. Too hard you say? No way! It's damn easy! though the game does have master weapons, yer best bet is to face off with yer trusty X-buster. Y'see all hits are counted as 1 an yer power meter. So, what that means is that you now have a machine gun! Oh, yes! Feel the power as you fire up to ANY AMOUNT OF BULLETS at one time, completely decimating the enemy! The Mavericks hits only count as 1 on yer power bar and they are sssssllllooooowwww. Ok, their the same speed as in the game,but with the weapon you have they might as well stay still. I actually beat the game. The ending sucks ballzack, but what do you expect? It's a pirate game. tip: save often (with the genecyst save state).It is invaluable. When you get to the elevator parts, the elevators are gone! The only way to pass this is to do the double jump thing and press F5 at your highest point. Then press F7 to restore the game. It's gut-wrenchingly hard, but you can make it. I did. Anyway, this is the funnest MM game I've ever played!
Rockman X3 (SNES) - Is an X3 by any other name play as well? Or is as hard?
Rockman DX4 (PC) - Sent in by Jesse Brown. This auction here is for “Rockman Strategy,” it seems (although the description mentions GBC/GBA/SP and the box mentions DX4 for some reason. Still, based on the screenshot provided, and the title, I’d say it’s probably RM Strategy (despite the auction saying it's for the GBA/GBC), although it’s hard to say for certain! However, at 23 Yuan (about $4 USD), that’s not a bad gamble to take.
Rockman X6 DVI Connecter (PC) - I have no idea. Maybe it comes with X6 ... I guess ...
8 in 1 - Sent by Jesse Brown. An 8-in-1 GBA multicart, this time with some RM Zero games on it, released this year supposedly and simply named “2009 RPG”.
10 in 1 - Sent in by Jesse Brown. Another strange multicart, although this one has mainly Rockman games on it. It claims to have “Rockman 8” (the pirated game probably), “Rockman X3” (probably DX3), “Rockman X5” (not certain about this one yet), “Rockman Xtreme 2”, and a couple others on the cover…BUT, the back of the box says that it has the 5 GB games, Rockman 8 and a couple other games. Kind of disappointing, although it is nice to have the GB’s on one cart I suppose. Released in 2008 supposedly.
10 in 1 - Sent in by Jesse Brown. An interesting multi-cart that’s got the GB games on it, and “Rockman World 99” (which has generally been the pirated version of Rockman 8). And "Color Rockman" and "Color Rockman Fighter" ... what? It also looks like they ripped off someone's Deviantart. Noticeably less than 101 games on it.
12 In 1 - Any info I give here would only reiterate what the Forbidden NES Repository would say so I'm just gonna do a little cut-and-paste:
Here is another newer GB pirate; note the "true no repeat" seal in the upper left corner of the label. One cool thing of note about this cart, is that it contains a battery-backed
RAM, so you can save your progress in any battery-backed game. The games on this cart are:
01. DONKEY KONG LAND 3
02. POCKET MONSTERS BLUE (POKEMON BLUE)
03. GANBARE GOEMON 2
04. CASTLEVANIA 3
05. ROCKMAN WORLD 5 (MEGAMAN WORLD 5)
06. KETTOU KOF 96
07. MARU KO DXSIATA
08. FINAL FANTASY LEGEND 3
09. GAME GALLERY 2
10. SAN GOKUSHI
11. KNIGHT QUEST
12. MAGIC KNIGHT RAYEARTH 2: THE LOST COLORS
Rockman (12 In 1) - Impressed that all the old Rockman Gameboy games are coming back on one cart? Well, don't be THAT impressed - pirates have been doing the same thing for YEARS! Ah, well ..... at least the official one will work for GB Advanced.
Rockman World 1
Rockman World 2
Rockman World 3
Rockman World 4
Rockman World 5
Super Mario Land
12 In 1 - All the Rockman Worlds in an odd order with a variety of non related games. (What does MM have to do with any of them?)
Super 14 In 1 - I'm a little shocked that the pirates would include American box art in this pirate! The game does in fact have an unedited Rockman World game .... even if it's Rockman World 3, and Rockman World 4 (which the box art represents).
Super 27 In 1 - According to the ebay dude who was selling this thing, it includes"almost all the gameboy Rockman games" such as (and I quote), "Rockman 1,2,3,5,8 /Megaman 1,2,3,5,99 and some other games like Pokemon and etc." Well, if it includes that rare game "Rockman 99" that means it's legit!
1. Breath Of Fire 2 GBA 2. Mario Kart Super Circuit GBA 3. Desert Strike ADV GBA 4. Steven Gerrard's Soccer GBA +NES games 5. Super Mario Bros 3 6. Dragon Buster 2 7. Rockman 8. Castle Vala 9. Bachi & Teri 10. Mickey Mouse 11. Advanture Island 12. Super Mario Bros 13. Soccer 14. Wrestle 15. Golf 16. Field Compat 17. Galaga 18. Galaxian 19. Donkey Kong 2 20. Donkey Kong 21. Sasa 22. Warp Man 23. Formation z 24. Space Invaders 25. Millipecle 26. Gtar Gate 27. Pinball 28. Clu Clu Land 29. Chess Five 30. Jewelru 31. Kung Fu 32. Zippy Race 33. Drruaga 34. Popeye 35. Pac - Man 36. Ballooh Fight 37. Ice Climber 38. Nuts & Milk 39. Burger Time 40. Battle City 41. Geimos 42. Sky Destoryer 43. Exerion 44. Mahjong 45. Donkey Kong 3 46. Macross 47. Bird Week 48. Mappy 49. Lode Runner 50. Ninja Kun
Super 64 In 1 - Apparently, this game actually DOES contain Rockman World 3! What a world! Just in case you're wondering, ALL multicarts are pirate in nature. Sp I won't bother listing all the discontinuities between this one and real GBA games. Games included in this multicart are:
1. Rockman World 3
2. Super Mario Land
5. Volley Fire
7. Dr. Mario
9-64 name changes & repeats
1. Sonic Advance GBA +NES games 2. Spiderman 3. Jungle Book 4. Tom& Jerry 5. Duck Tales 2 6. Tiny Toon Adventures 7. Super Contra 8. Super Mario Bros 2 9. Life Force 10. Mappy 11. Bomberman 12. Rockman 13. Side pocket 14. Metal Grar 15. Bubble Bobble 16. Super Mario Bros 3 17. Dragon Warrior 18. Adventure Islan 19. Dragon Quest 1 20. Ninja Kid 21. Q-Bert 22. Othello 23. Dig Dug 2 24. Pac Land 25. PacMan 26. Donkey Kong 27. Donkey Kong 2 28. Donkey Kong 3 29. Mighty Bombjack. 30. Macross 31. Pooyan 32. Ballon Fighter 33. Sky Destroyer 34. 10 Yard Fight 35. Burger Time 36. Clu Clu Land 37. Circus Charlie 38. City Connection 39. YYie Ar Jung Fu 40. Tennis 41. Baseball 42. Bird Week 43. Star Gate 44. ChackN Pop 45. Lode Runner 46. Excite Bike 47. Urban Champion 48. Defender 2 49. Devil World 50. Dig Dug 51. Galaga 52. Door Door 53. Exerion 54. Formation Z 55. Front Line 56. Binary Land 57. Hyper Olympic 58. Galaxian 59. F-1 Race 60. Golf 61. Karateka 62. Muscle Tag Match 63. Battle City 64. M.U.S.C.L.E 65. Raid On Bungeling Bay
1 TACTICS OGRE 2 SPIDER MAN 3 JUNGLE BOOK 4 TOM & JERRY 5 DUCK TALES 2 6 BUBBLE BOBBLE PART 2 7 SUPER CONTRA 8 SUPER MARIO BROS 2 9 LIFE FORCE 10 MAPPY 11 BOMBER MAN 12 ROCKMAN 1 13 SIDE POCKET 14 METAL GEAR 15 BUBBLE BOBBLE 16 SUPER MARIO BROS 17 DRAGON WARRIOR 18 ADVENTURE ISLAND 19 DRAGON QUEST 20 NINJA KID 21 ICE CLIMBER 22 OTHELLO 23 B WINGS 24 PAC LAND 25 PAC-MAN 26 DONKEY KONG 27 DONKEY KONG 2 28 DONKEY KONG 3 29 MIGHTY BOMB JACK 30 MACROSS 31 POOYAN 32 BALLOON FIGHTER 33 SKY DESTROYER 34 10 YARD FIGHT 35 BURGER TIME 36 CLU CLU LAND 37 CIRCUS CHARLIE 38 CITY CONNECTION 39 YIE AR KUNG FU 40 TENNIS 41 BASEBALL 42 BIRD WEEK 43 STAR FORCE 44 CHACKN POP 45 LODE RUNNER 46 EXCITE BIKE 47 URBAN CHAMPION 48 DEFENDER 2 49 DEVIL WORLD 50 DIG DUG 51 GALAGA 52 POPEYE 53 EXERION 54 FORMATION Z 55 FRONT LINE 56 BINARY LAND 57 FIELD COMBAT 58 GALAXIAN 59 F1 RACE 60 GOLF 61 KARATEKA 62 LUNAR BALL 63 BATTLE CITY 64 M.U.S.C.L.E 65 RAID ON BUNGELING BAY 66 ANTARCTIC ADVENTURE
1. Tomber Raider ADVANCE 2. The Mummy ADVANCE 3. FIFA Football ADVANCE + NES Games 4. Rockman X 5. Megaman 2 6. Dragon BaLLZ3.Goku 7. Final Fantasy 3 8. Wwf wrestlemania 9. Adventure islande 10.Castlevania 1 11.Bomber man 1 12.Super mario Bros 13.F1 Race 14.Pac Man 15.1942 16.Baltron 17.Arkanoid 18.Ball Wars 19.Druaga 20.Flappy 21.Duck Tales2 22.Galaxian 23.Dig Dug 24.Battle City2 25.Ballon Fighter 26.Popeye 27.Warp Man 28.Yie Ar Kung Fu 29.Zpilly Race 30.Mario Bros 31.Galaga 32.Ice Climber 33.Battle City 34.Field Combat 35.Formation Z 36.Karateka 37.Burger Time 38.Space invaders 39.Star Force 40.Antarctic Adventure 41.Baseball 42.Binary Land 43.Chackn Pop 44.Devil World 45.Excite Bike 46.Front Line 47.Lunar Ball 48.Lunar Pool 49.Mappy 50.Nuts & Milk 51.Bird Week 52.Bomb Sweeper 53.Brush Roller 54.Donkey Kong 3 55.Donkey Kong Jr 56.Donkey Kong 57.Raid On Bungeling Bay 58.Exerion 59.Donald Magic 60.Tennis 61.Golf 62.Lode Runner 63.Hogans Alley 64.Joust 65.M.U.S.C.L.E. 66.Macross 67.Lode Runner 2 68.Millipede 69.Muscle Tag Match 70.Nibbles 71.Ninja Kun 72.Pyramid 73.Rabbit & Rope 74.Road Fighter 75.Shougi Hiden 76.Sky Destroyer 77.Star Gate 78.Super Arabian 79.Urban Champion 80.10 Yard Fight 81.Ikki 82.Cowellry 83.Game Genie 84.Clu Clu Land 85.Pinball 86.4 Man Mahjong 87.Bomber Mario 88.Bubble Dig Dug 89.Donkey Kong Jr Lesson 90.Donkey Kong Jr Math 91.Mario Runner 92.Maria Sisters 93.Mario Mappy 94.Pac Pac Land 95.Popeye No Eigo Asobi 96.Mahjong
1. Super Mario Advance 3-Yoshi's Island GBA 2. Super Mario Advance 2 GBA 3. Mario Kario Kart Super Circuit GBA 4. Pokemon Gold GBA 5. Pokemon Silver GBA 6. Pokemon Yellow GBA + NES Games 7. Super Mario Bros 3 8. Super Mario Bros 2 9. Super Mario Bros 1 10.Bubble Bobble 2 11.Megaman 12.Contra 13.Zelda 14.Castle Quest 15.Mickey Mouse 16.Star Force 17.B-Wings 18.Elevator Action 19.Tetris 20.Othello 21.Spartan X 22.Soccer 23.1942 24.Pac Land 25.Double Strike 26.Baltron 27.Chubby Cherub 28.Flarry 29.Ice Hockey 30.Mach Rider 31.Geimos 32.Pac Man 33.Pooyan 34.Warp Man 35.Urban Champion 36.Tetris 37.Zippy Race 38.Galaga 39.Ice Climber 40.Joust 41.Karateka 42.Yie Ar Kung Fu 43.Lode Runner 44.Mahjong 45.Mappy 46.Mario Bros 47.Nuts & Milik 48.Millipede 49.Pyramid 50.Pinball 51.Popeye 52.Road Fighter 53.Sky Destroyer 54.Space Invaders 55.Game Genie 56.Galaxian 57.Front Line 58.Formation Z 59.F1 Race 60.Donkey Kong 2 61.Donkey Kong 3 62.Excite Bike 63.Exerion 64.Devil World 65.Field Combat 66.Baseball 67.Defender 2 68.Dig Dug 69.Battle City 70.Antartic Adventure 71.Ballon Fighter 72.Baloon Mario 73.Lunar Ball 74.Nibbles 75.Bird Week 76.Brush Roller 77.Chack'n'pop 78.Circus Charlie 79.Clu Clu Land 80.M.U.S.C.L.E 81.Lode Runner 2 82.Macross 83.Donald Magic 84.Ninja Kun 85.Star Gate 86.Gomoku Narabe 87.Muscle Tag Match 88.Burger Time 89.Rabbit & Rope 90.10 Yard Fight 91.4 Man Walking 92.Super Arabian 93.Battle City 2 94.Mario & Luigi 95.Lunar Pool 96.Ikki 97.Golf 98.Binary Land 99.Maria Sisters 100.Bomberman
100 In 1 - This one was barely worth getting. So it has MM Xtreme on it - multicarts are really a dime a dozen. The reason this is even on here is because it includes the pirate games Pokemon Jade and Diamond. A pirate of a pirate....
205 in 1- Jesse Brown Jr notes: This is a real treasure. This baby, among other games, comes with a copy of “Rockman Z” and “Rockman DX3.” I’ll describe these two in sequence. “Rockman Z” is listed as “Rockman DX6” in the game menu for whatever reason, but plays like Zook Z/Rockman Z does in the one gameplay video of the game I’ve seen (and I’ve never before now played this game as I’ve never seen an actual ROM dump of it). Thankfully, this is a clean game with no save files used, so you get to start from the beginning and play, unlike the aforementioned copy of DX3 that has all the bosses cleared and, as far as I know, there’s no way to clear the save files.
The copy of Rockman DX3 that is on the cartridge is listed as “Rockman DX3,” but it is a bit different from the DX3 ROM dump(s) I’ve seen on the Internet and the version I just described here. First, and perhaps most importantly, this is a CLEAN copy of the game in which you have all four of the save slots open and can play the game from the beginning, without already having all bosses cleared and all items! Second, and something I noticed in the very beginning, is that this game has COMPLETELY DIFFERENT music from what I will call the “other version” of DX3 (and by proxy Zook Z), music I’ve never heard before, and so I’m going to go out on a limb and say it’s got its own custom sound-track (both Zook and Rockman & Crystal have original tunes).
3 Rockman - ... I'm gonna count this as a multicart and assume it's not just Rockman 3. Interestingly, none of the art shown are for NES Rocman games.
4-in-1 - Another "DS" 4 in 1s, this time featuring X instead of Zero. Looks like it might just be the exact same multicart from just looking at the art alone.
5 in 1 - Look out, Wily! Megaman's gonna kill you!!! Where are your predacious rules now, Asimov?!
"kazoku" - Let it now be known that I really, really, really, wish I had this game. That first image is obviously taken from Rockman X3 while the rest are from the gameboy games, and the end one is from RM7 (despite being names RMW6). This is a multi cart of the NES MM games! Shame on Capcom fer sticking it to us with separate PSX re-releases when even the lamest of pirate games can outdo them!
Rockman 6-in-1 - Featuring label art from the Wily Wars, various Rockman World games, and Rockman 2, this cart boasts of having "Rockman World 6", which we all know is impossible since no "RMWorld 6" was made. Most likely is another multicart of all the Famicom Rockman games.
7 in 1 - Featuring a whole bunch of .... gameboy games?
13 in 1 - Despite the Megaman and Bass art and the Battle Network art, this multicart onlt has classi series games. False advertising on a pirate game? Say it ain't so!
138 in 1 - Spotted on The Warp Zone by Brandon something this game is unique mostly because it has art from Rockman Gold Empire (as true believers might remember from the Asian MM Games article). Proving mostly that it was made in Taiwan or Hong Kong or sumsuch area.
??? - Doesn't even have the decency to name the Wily Wars on this multicart.
6-in-1 (SNES) - This is the only MM pirate ROM for the SNES so far. It's a multicart (obviously). Good news and bad news with this one. Good news: The ROM is dumped! Bad news: Only 1 game works. Good news: It's the pirate Rockman game! Bad news: It's just RMX1. No changes, no editing, nothing new. And here I got you all excited over nothing.
Super 6 in 1 - Yeah, another one. It looks like a better repackaging of the first Super 6 in 1. I didn't know Protoman and Bass surivied to the X timeline....